BJP on Wednesday took a swipe at Congress for its ‘neech rajniti’, ‘khooni’ and other barbs at Narendra Modi, wondering under what political category 2G, coal and Adarsh scams besides ‘cash-for-votes’ episode fell and if they could be termed as “shudh rajniti (pure politics)”.
BJP leader Arun Jaitley referred to various terms used by Congress during the campaign to attack the party’s Prime Ministerial candidate and hit out at the ruling Congress. “Neech rajneeti, chaiwala (tea-seller), khooni (murderer), Hitler, gangu teli, bandar (monkey), napunsak (impotent), are amongst the various adjectives used by Congress leaders against Modi. Congress sees nothing wrong in referring to Modi as ‘Neech Rajneeti’.
“I wonder in which category of politics or Rajneeti will corruption in 2G spectrum, and coal block allocation fall? Will the ‘cash for votes’ and Adarsh be considered as ‘Shudh Rajneeti’,” the leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha said on his blog.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Priyanka Gandhi had recently accused Modi of indulging in “neech rajniti” and he, in turn, had charged her with making a casteist slur as he came from a lower caste. Jaitley also kept the pressure on the Election Commission, which has drawn flak from Modi who has accused it of not doing enough to stop rigging, saying the EC should concentrate its energies in checking this “silent booth capturing” since that is its “principal job”.
“The core of the election is a free and fair polling which is being denied through the silent booth capturing. It would be desirable that the Election Commission concentrate its energies in checking this silent booth capturing since that is its principal job.”
He said a large part of the EC’s energies is being spent in dissecting political speeches. Arguing that even though these political speeches at times do cross the “laxman rekha”, he said these are at best a side show.