BJP on Wednesday took a swipe at Congress for its ‘neech rajniti’, ‘khooni’ and other barbs at Narendra Modi, wondering under what political category 2G, coal and Adarsh scams besides ‘cash-for-votes’ episode fell and if they could be termed as “shudh rajniti (pure politics)”.
BJP leader Arun Jaitley referred to various terms used by Congress during the campaign to attack the party’s Prime Ministerial candidate and hit out at the ruling Congress. “Neech rajneeti, chaiwala (tea-seller), khooni (murderer), Hitler, gangu teli, bandar (monkey), napunsak (impotent), are amongst the various adjectives used by Congress leaders against Modi. Congress sees nothing wrong in referring to Modi as ‘Neech Rajneeti’.
“I wonder in which category of politics or Rajneeti will corruption in 2G spectrum, and coal block allocation fall? Will the ‘cash for votes’ and Adarsh be considered as ‘Shudh Rajneeti’,” the leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha said on his blog.
Priyanka Gandhi had recently accused Modi of indulging in “neech rajniti” and he, in turn, had charged her with making a casteist slur as he came from a lower caste. Jaitley also kept the pressure on the Election Commission, which has drawn flak from Modi who has accused it of not doing enough to stop rigging, saying the EC should concentrate its energies in checking this “silent booth capturing” since that is its “principal job”.
“The core of the election is a free and fair polling which is being denied through the silent booth capturing. It would be desirable that the Election Commission concentrate its energies in checking this silent booth capturing since that is its principal job.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He said a large part of the EC’s energies is being spent in dissecting political speeches. Arguing that even though these political speeches at times do cross the “laxman rekha”, he said these are at best a side show.