The BJP on Tuesday requested the Election Commission to deploy Central security forces at polling booths in the Lok Sabha constituencies considered stronghold of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav that will go to polls on Thursday.
The BJP has cast doubt on holding free and fair polls in Mainpuri, Kannauj, Firozabad, Etah and Etawah constituencies alleging “a secret pact between the Congress and Samajwadi Party for a strategy to indulge into rigging by disturbing the poll process through violence.”
“We have requested the Election Commission to declare the polling booths in these constituencies as sensitive and deploy Central security forces for free and fair elections,” said BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, who led the party delegation to the Election Commission.
The BJP also asked the EC to take action against Union ministers Kapil Sibal and Beni Prasad Verma for “vitiating election campaign by making unsubstantiated personal attacks on Narendra Modi”.
“Yesterday, the way Sibal made allegations in his press conference, it is the violation of the model code of conduct. He made baseless allegations against Modi and Amit Shah. Similarly, Beni Prasad Verma has also violated the model code,” Naqvi said. “It was an attempt to create fear psychosis in the voters’ mind. We have drawn EC’s attention to it and sought strict action against Verma, Sibal and other leaders who have flouted rules,” he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The BJP also demanded moratorium on major government appointments. It requested the EC to stop the process to appoint Secretary, Department of Science and Technology as well as DG, CSIR. Earlier, the BJP had demanded halting the appointment of Lokpal and new Army Chief.