The impact and reach of social media emerged as the main point of discussion in the workshop for the first-time BJP MPs on Sunday.
Union ministers Piyush Goyal and Prakash Javadekar addressed the MPs on social media and media-related issues and told them how to cultivate these platforms to spread their message.
Goyal addressed the MPs on the significance of social media and if used effectively how it can help in spreading the message quickly.
“It is a boon of modern times,” he told the MPs while also cautioning them about its flip-side as even a small incident can draw major attention in a jiffy.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Several MPs, it is learnt, said that they had little or no presence on the social media and the party should help them in making their presence felt in cyber space. Javadekar spoke about dealing with the media in general and advised the MPs to use it with caution. They were also told not to bring their differences out in the media and keep their approach to the media issue based.