Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday made it clear he would would prefer to be destroyed rather than go with former ally BJP.
Calling the A B Vajpayee era the past, he said the party was a “new incarnation” of BJP that believed in propaganda and “cultivation of lies”.
He was responding to BJP’s charge of “betraying” the 2010 mandate, when they had joined hands. “What we see now is a new incarnation of BJP and there is no question of going back to BJP again under any condition. Mitti me mil jayenge par BJP ke saath phir kabhi nahi jayenge. Asambhav (I would prefer to get destroyed than go with BJP again. It’s impossible),” Nitish said.
Nitish said most BJP leaders did not want to snap ties. “It was then deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi, who fixed my appointment with then BJP national president Nitin Gadkari at a senior BJP leader’s house. Later, L K Advani requested me not to snap ties saying my concern (regarding projecting Narendra Modi as PM candidate) would be addressed by Gadkari. But it was too late”.
He said it was high time BJP leaders stopped accusing JD(U) of betraying them. “It is BJP that betrayed us. We could not have compromised on principles. After all, we had been together for 17 years. I do not take any emotional decision. I took a decision to snap ties after due deliberation,” said the CM, daring BJP to topple his government. JD(U) has 116 MLAs and enjoys support of four Congress and as many Independent MLAs.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Nitish criticised BJP for attacking his ministerial colleague Shahid Ali Khan for alleged links with IM and ISI because he is Muslim. “Since he is Shahid Ali Khan, they (BJP) thought of attacking him,” said Nitish giving a clean chit to the minister. He wondered why the Sashastra Seema Bal did not write to his office or to the Assembly Speaker or ATS but sent a letter to Special Task Force that does not deal with the matter. “Anyway, we got the matter investigated by Motihari and Sitamarhi police and found that two persons, said to be ISI agents, had no links with Shahid Ali Khan,” said the CM criticising BJP for attempting to assassinate the character of his colleague.
He responded to BJP poser of Parbeen Amunullah quitting and joining AAP. “She was an RTI activist before joining us. She worked with Arvind Kejriwal and chose to join AAP. At least. She did not join BJP,” said the CM.