BJP has announced its second list of candidates, including that for the prestigious Itanagar constituency, for the April 9 assembly elections in Arunachal Pradesh.
The list of 17 candidates was cleared by BJP Central Election Committee, chaired by party’s national president Rajnath Singh at New Delhi on Wednesday, Party spokesman Techi Necha said here on Thursday.
Former Congress minister Atum Welly has been named as the candidate for Pakke-Kessang constituency in East Kameng district, while youth leader Tame Phassang for the Itanagar seat.
Nabam Tade will contest from Sagalee, the constituency of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, while former ministers Roding Pertin, T L Rajkumar and Thajam Aboh have been nominated as party candidates for Dambuk, Khonsa East and Khonsa West, respectively.
Other candidates include, Lhakpa Tsering (Dirang), Dorjee Khandu Thungon (Kalaktang), Tai Chiji (Nyapin), Lompak Paksok (Dumporijo), Dr Nyada Mara (Likabali), Tumke Bagra (Along West), Yumto Jini (Along East), Kento Rina (Nari-Koyu), Malo
Linggi (Roing), Chow Arina Manpoong (Namsai) and Sira Ong Singpho (Bordumsa).
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The party had earlier declared 36 candidates in its first list on March 16 last.