A clash broke out between BJP and AAP supporters at the Lanka Chowk outside Banaras Hindu University where the saffron party staged a protest over the refusal of permission for Narendra Modi’s rally here.
The scuffle took place when some AAP supporters holding brooms came to the protest site raising slogans in favour of Arvind Kejriwal. Immediately, several BJP supporters tried to block their way by pushing them.
Police and paramilitary forces soon swung into action and pacified both the groups and prevented the situation from escalating. After some time, AAP supporters also left the place.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Earlier, the administration had deployed a large number of security forces at the Lanka Chowk where senior BJP leaders Arun Jaitley, Ananth Kumar and Amit Shah along with hundreds of supporters held a protest against the Election Commission and the Returning Officer who had denied permission to Modi for holding a public meeting at a venue of his choice here.
The protest came to an end at around 2 pm but many of the supporters had still stayed back.
Modi was on Wednesday denied permission for holding a public meeting at a venue of its choice here following which the party announced protests while cancelling all his programmes here on Thursday.