A clash broke out between BJP and AAP supporters at the Lanka Chowk outside Banaras Hindu University where the saffron party staged a protest over the refusal of permission for Narendra Modi’s rally here.
The scuffle took place when some AAP supporters holding brooms came to the protest site raising slogans in favour of Arvind Kejriwal. Immediately, several BJP supporters tried to block their way by pushing them.
Police and paramilitary forces soon swung into action and pacified both the groups and prevented the situation from escalating. After some time, AAP supporters also left the place.
Earlier, the administration had deployed a large number of security forces at the Lanka Chowk where senior BJP leaders Arun Jaitley, Ananth Kumar and Amit Shah along with hundreds of supporters held a protest against the Election Commission and the Returning Officer who had denied permission to Modi for holding a public meeting at a venue of his choice here.
The protest came to an end at around 2 pm but many of the supporters had still stayed back.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Modi was on Wednesday denied permission for holding a public meeting at a venue of its choice here following which the party announced protests while cancelling all his programmes here on Thursday.