Taking a dig at Bharatiya Janata Party’s Prime Ministerial candidate, Union Minister R P N Singh on Thursday said that barring Narendra Modi’s own testimony, no one has seen him selling tea on streets, calling the BJP a party of “dream sellers”.
“Modi himself was telling that he used to sell tea…Neither this topic was discussed anywhere, nor anyone saw Modi selling tea on streets,” he told reporters after unveiling statue of Congress leader Nirbhay Narain Singh in Maniyar area in Ballia.
Congress leader and Rajya Sabha MP Mani Shankar Aiyar had earlier in January said,” He (Modi) keeps saying make me Prime Minister as I began life selling tea. Fine if that’s his main qualification and he wants a stall here, we can let him sell tea here.”
The comments triggered a row with the BJP leader taking a pride over his humble background.
Terming BJP as a party of “dream sellers”, Singh said that it could even promise to turn the water of Saryu river into milk.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Taking a dig at Modi’s assurance of 24 hours power supply, Singh said that why didn’t BJP fulfil its promise during the regime of Atal Bihari Vajpayee at the Centre and Kalyan Singh, Ram Prakash Gupta and Rajnath Singh in Uttar Pradesh.
Regarding controversy surrounding Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti, the Union minister said that an inquiry was on and it would be conducted in an independent manner.
Singh said that if found guilty legal action would be taken.