Claiming that the BJD would play a significant role in government formation at the Centre after the Lok Sabha elections, BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik on Friday described the Congress and BJP as two sides of the same coin.
“The BJD will play an important role in government formation at the Centre after the general elections. People should send 21 BJD MPs to Parliament who will fight for the interest of Odisha. If more BJD MPs go to the Lok Sabha, they can properly raise the state’s issues,” Patnaik told an election meeting here in Bolangir district.
“Congress and BJP are two sides of the same coin. They shed crocodile tears when they seek votes,” he said.
Apparently referring to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi who recently visited the state, he said “They will come, shed crocodile tears for the people and flee away.”
“But, I am here to serve the people. I will work for the development of the state and its people till my last breath,” Patnaik said adding where Congress and BJP national leaders were when cyclone Phailin hit the state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He also claimed that while Congress would be swept out in the general elections, the BJP would fail to form the government at the Centre as its leaders do not understand the language of ‘seva’.
Alleging that Odisha had been a victim of negligence by successive central governments, he said “The Congress led UPA government is attempting to stop the special plan for KBK region. They even stopped it for some time. Therefore, the BJD government introduced Biju KBK Yojana for development of the area.”
His government, he said, had provided free land for the proposed Khurda-Bolangir railway line and sanctioned Rs 100 crore for its construction.