Claiming that the BJD would play a significant role in government formation at the Centre after the Lok Sabha elections, BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik on Friday described the Congress and BJP as two sides of the same coin.
“The BJD will play an important role in government formation at the Centre after the general elections. People should send 21 BJD MPs to Parliament who will fight for the interest of Odisha. If more BJD MPs go to the Lok Sabha, they can properly raise the state’s issues,” Patnaik told an election meeting here in Bolangir district.
“Congress and BJP are two sides of the same coin. They shed crocodile tears when they seek votes,” he said.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Apparently referring to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi who recently visited the state, he said “They will come, shed crocodile tears for the people and flee away.”
“But, I am here to serve the people. I will work for the development of the state and its people till my last breath,” Patnaik said adding where Congress and BJP national leaders were when cyclone Phailin hit the state.
He also claimed that while Congress would be swept out in the general elections, the BJP would fail to form the government at the Centre as its leaders do not understand the language of ‘seva’.
Alleging that Odisha had been a victim of negligence by successive central governments, he said “The Congress led UPA government is attempting to stop the special plan for KBK region. They even stopped it for some time. Therefore, the BJD government introduced Biju KBK Yojana for development of the area.”
His government, he said, had provided free land for the proposed Khurda-Bolangir railway line and sanctioned Rs 100 crore for its construction.