A day after Orissa Law Minister Maheswar Mohanty was shot at by an unknown assailant near his home in Puri, the police said some BJD supporters who harboured a grouse against him for his domineering ways could be behind the attack.
The minister Friday night sustained bullet injuries on his left arm and back when the assailants, following him on a two-wheeler opened fire at him. Mohanty, who was rushed to a private hospital in Bhubaneswar, was operated upon Saturday. The doctors removed the bullet lodged in his ribs. Hospital sources said the 59-year-old minister was stable and “out of danger”.
CM Naveen Patnaik, who visited Mohanty, said strictest action would be taken against the assailants.
Puri SP Anup Kumar Sahoo said some suspects have been detained, but the main conspirators are still at large.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016