A day after Orissa Law Minister Maheswar Mohanty was shot at by an unknown assailant near his home in Puri, the police said some BJD supporters who harboured a grouse against him for his domineering ways could be behind the attack.
The minister Friday night sustained bullet injuries on his left arm and back when the assailants, following him on a two-wheeler opened fire at him. Mohanty, who was rushed to a private hospital in Bhubaneswar, was operated upon Saturday. The doctors removed the bullet lodged in his ribs. Hospital sources said the 59-year-old minister was stable and “out of danger”.
CM Naveen Patnaik, who visited Mohanty, said strictest action would be taken against the assailants.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Puri SP Anup Kumar Sahoo said some suspects have been detained, but the main conspirators are still at large.