One person was killed in police firing outside a polling booth during voting in Bihar’s Sitamarhi district on Wednesday.
District Magistrate cum Returning Officer Dr Pratima confirmed death of the person in firing by the police outside booth number 224 in Ramnagar village, about 15 km from the district headquarters.
Though reports suggested that death took place in police firing at a group of persons trying to loot the booth, the DM said she was on way to the spot and would speak about it only after verifying facts.
The Sitamarhi Lok Sabha seat is witnessing a triangular fight between JD(U) MP Arjun Rai, RJD’s Sitaram Yadav and BJP’s new ally Rashtriya Loktantrik party candidate Ram Kumar Sharma.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More