One person was killed in police firing outside a polling booth during voting in Bihar’s Sitamarhi district on Wednesday.
District Magistrate cum Returning Officer Dr Pratima confirmed death of the person in firing by the police outside booth number 224 in Ramnagar village, about 15 km from the district headquarters.
Though reports suggested that death took place in police firing at a group of persons trying to loot the booth, the DM said she was on way to the spot and would speak about it only after verifying facts.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Sitamarhi Lok Sabha seat is witnessing a triangular fight between JD(U) MP Arjun Rai, RJD’s Sitaram Yadav and BJP’s new ally Rashtriya Loktantrik party candidate Ram Kumar Sharma.