- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
Bihar: One person killed in police firing outside polling booth
One person was killed in police firing outside a polling booth during voting in Bihar’s Sitamarhi district on Wednesday.
District Magistrate cum Returning Officer Dr Pratima confirmed death of the person in firing by the police outside booth number 224 in Ramnagar village, about 15 km from the district headquarters.
Though reports suggested that death took place in police firing at a group of persons trying to loot the booth, the DM said she was on way to the spot and would speak about it only after verifying facts.
The Sitamarhi Lok Sabha seat is witnessing a triangular fight between JD(U) MP Arjun Rai, RJD’s Sitaram Yadav and BJP’s new ally Rashtriya Loktantrik party candidate Ram Kumar Sharma.