“My name is Shahid Ali Khan but I am not a terrorist,” said the Bihar Minister for Minority Affairs who came under attack by Opposition over his alleged links with Pakistan ISI and terrorist outfit Indian Mujahideen(IM). Using a famous dialogue from Shahrukh Khan starrer ‘My Name is Khan’, he said “I am Shahid Ali Khan, but I am not a terrorist.”
Opposition BJP had on Monday created an uproar over his alleged links with Indian Mujahideen activists in Bihar Assembly and Legislative Council when Khan, the Minority Affairs Minister in the Nitish Kumar government, rose to answer members’ questions. The minister, who is a JD(U) MLA from Sursand in Sitamarhi district, said the opposition protest against him has no justification. “They are trying to use a non-issue against me because of politics,” he added.
The minister had come under the scanner of Sashtra Seema Bal (SSB) for suspected links with Indian Mujahideen activists earlier this month. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had on February 8 questioned the central agency’s handling of the matter, especially as to why he was not informed and had directed a probe into it. “What is the source of the information of the SSB, which it has taken note of suo motu and sent the same to the STF in Bihar for verification?” Kumar had asked.
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
Bihar Police had said it had received a letter from SSB last month seeking verification of charge about Khan allegedly having links with two IM operatives Jameel Akhtar and Mansoor Sai. The Special Task Force (STF) had asked the Motihari and Sitamarhi SPs to probe the matter and had found the allegation false, it said.
Khan said it needed to be established that Akhtar and Sai have terrorist links and than only the question of his association with them would arise.