- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
Bihar minister files case against Baba Ramdev
Bihar Minister and JD(U) leader Shayam Rajak on Monday filed a complaint case against yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his uncharitable remarks on Congress Vice-president Rahul Gandhi pertaining to Dalits.
Rajak filed the case in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Ramakant Yadav. The matter will come up for hearing on Tuesday.
Rajak submitted in his petition that Ramdev’s statement “Rahul Gandhi visits Dalits’ houses for honeymoon” had insulted the downtrodden.
He sought action against Ramdev under IPC 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), Representation of Peoples Act, 1951 and relevant sections of SC & ST Act.