Bihar BJP senior leader Lal Muni Choubey, who was denied ticket from Buxar, Monday announced to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls as an independent candidate from the same seat, terming party president Rajnath Singh as the ‘president of slaves’.
“BJP has become a party of slaves… I will contest from Buxar as an independent candidate,” Choubey, the four-time MP from Buxar, who is expected to file nomination on Tuesday, told reporters here.
Talking about party president Rajnath Singh, he said, “Wo gulamo ke adhyaksh hai (he is President of slaves).”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A peeved Choubey spoke in favour of Jaswant Singh, who was denied ticket to fight the Lok Sabha elections from his home-town, Rajasthan’s Barmer. “Jaswantji ke saath anyay hua hai (Injustice has been done with Jaswant Singh),” the septuagenarian leader said.
He also announced to campaign against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi.
“Lal Muni Choubey is as much of Buxar as of Varanasi. Now that I am out of ‘fake’ BJP I will tour against the party in Varanasi and the entire Poorvanchal region,” he said.
He called BJP’s official candidate in Buxar Ashwani Choubey as a ‘nakli BJP nominee’ and said he was sure that the people of Buxar will ensure defeat of the ‘nakli’ (fake) BJP nominee.
About reports that senior BJP leaders were trying to mollify him promising the Governor’s post, he said he has no lust for Governorship or any other post.
Choubey was elected for the first time from Buxar in 1996. He represented the seat continuously till 2009, when he lost to RJD leader Jagadanand Singh by 2,000 votes.
Meanwhile, Ashwani Choubey, who hailed from Bhagalpur district, Monday filed his nomination from Buxar seat.
He described the senior Choubey as his “abibhavavak” (guardian) but said his fighting as an independent candidate would not have much impact on BJP’s prospect on the seat.