Bihar BJP senior leader Lal Muni Choubey, who was denied ticket from Buxar, Monday announced to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls as an independent candidate from the same seat, terming party president Rajnath Singh as the ‘president of slaves’.
“BJP has become a party of slaves… I will contest from Buxar as an independent candidate,” Choubey, the four-time MP from Buxar, who is expected to file nomination on Tuesday, told reporters here.
Talking about party president Rajnath Singh, he said, “Wo gulamo ke adhyaksh hai (he is President of slaves).”
A peeved Choubey spoke in favour of Jaswant Singh, who was denied ticket to fight the Lok Sabha elections from his home-town, Rajasthan’s Barmer. “Jaswantji ke saath anyay hua hai (Injustice has been done with Jaswant Singh),” the septuagenarian leader said.
He also announced to campaign against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Lal Muni Choubey is as much of Buxar as of Varanasi. Now that I am out of ‘fake’ BJP I will tour against the party in Varanasi and the entire Poorvanchal region,” he said.
He called BJP’s official candidate in Buxar Ashwani Choubey as a ‘nakli BJP nominee’ and said he was sure that the people of Buxar will ensure defeat of the ‘nakli’ (fake) BJP nominee.
About reports that senior BJP leaders were trying to mollify him promising the Governor’s post, he said he has no lust for Governorship or any other post.
Choubey was elected for the first time from Buxar in 1996. He represented the seat continuously till 2009, when he lost to RJD leader Jagadanand Singh by 2,000 votes.
Meanwhile, Ashwani Choubey, who hailed from Bhagalpur district, Monday filed his nomination from Buxar seat.
He described the senior Choubey as his “abibhavavak” (guardian) but said his fighting as an independent candidate would not have much impact on BJP’s prospect on the seat.