Terming the Congress and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) as the “two sides of a coin”,Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday asked the people to beware of the “cheap political gimmickry” of both the parties. Addressing a gathering during the Maghi festival, Badal said that the tactics being adopted by both these parties were detrimental to the people.
He said that both these parties resort to such cheap tactics just only to befool the voters as all their promises prove mere lip service later on. Badal said that since decades the Congress leaders have befooled the public by raising hollow slogans and now AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal was walking on the footsteps of the Congress. “Kejriwal has become the Chief Minister of Delhi by chance due to which he was utterly confused about what to do,” Badal said, adding that Kejriwal would prove to be a flop show after next two-three months.
Taking a dig at ‘Janta Darbar’ of Delhi Chief Minister, Badal said that Darbars were being held by the Monarchs whereas the representatives of the people hold ‘Sangat Darshans’, like one done by him since decades. Exhorting the people to rout the Congress in the coming general elections, he said that the need of the hour was to wage a “second war of freedom” to oust this government, which has made the life of every person miserable. The Chief Minister said that due to the misrule of the UPA government the nation was not safe both internally and externally due to which its sovereignty was in peril. Badal alleged that the anti-farmer’s stance of the UPA government has broken the backbone of the farmers of the state due to which they were reeling under a whopping debt of Rs 32,000 crore.
While, SAD-BJP government in Punjab had given a major relief to farmers by giving free power worth Rs 6000 crore, he added. Badal also listed a number of “pro-people welfare schemes” initiated by his government.Equating the current anger among the public to “Janta Wave” in 1977, he said that even the Congress stalwarts would find it difficult to save their seats in this anti-Congress wave. Badal said that the BJP led NDA government was all set to form the next government at the centre as the people of the country were eagerly waiting for making Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of the country. Badal said that there was hardly any match between Gujarat Chief Minister and Congress Vice President.
Narendra Modi was a respected public leader with proven skills as an administrator, while Rahul Gandhi was a novice with no experience of public life, Badal stressed. He said that the young Nehru-Gandhi scion was like an inexperienced driver who was bound to topple the bus during the journey. “The countrymen should not take the risk of handing the reigns of country in such immature hands” added Badal. Assailing the Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa, the Chief Minister said that by opposing the central grants, Bajwa has proved that he was inimical to the state’s interests. Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal also came down heavily on Bajwa by terming him the “biggest smuggler” involved in a number of frauds besides smuggling of narcotics and sex scandal.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He alleged that Bajwa has been shielding the smugglers and drug peddlers in the state. Bajwa’s close association with the terrorist outfits has also been exposed by former Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh. During last one-and-a-half years, 25000 drug peddlers have been nabbed in Punjab and this campaign would be continued, he added. He assured that once NDA comes into power, the water logging problem in the Malwa belt of the state would be a national mission and it would be completely eradicated on priority besides. Complementing the 85 year old “diligent and determined” Badal, the SAD President said that AAP got tired of holding Public Darbars in just one day while the Chief Minister at this age worked for 20 hours a day.