Congress leader and former Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Sunday termed as conspiracy about the reports of his joining ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh and did not rule out involvement of some persons from his party.
“A section of the media is showing speculative news regarding me joining SP, which I outrightly reject. There is no question of my son Rakesh joining the SP either,” Beni told reporters at his residence.
Such rumours were being spread as a part of a “conspiracy” and possibility of involvement of some person from Congress could not be ruled out.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“This is true that I was with the SP for 30 years, but I left the party due to acts of its supremo. Now I am in Congress and will die under the tricolour,” Beni said.
Verma lost to BJP candidate from Gonda constituency in the Lok Sabha polls.
He said Congress has become weak and the process started with the demolition of disputed structure at Ayodhya.
“At that time Muslims went with the SP and with emergence of BSP dalit voters got associated with it,” Verma said.
The former Union minister said Congress has to struggle and move forward, and it has to create its social base.
He said that Yadav and Dalits were disenchanted with SP and BSP respectively and Congress should take advantage of this.
Beni claimed that the previous Manmohan Singh government strengthened the economic condition of the country by 10 times, but Congress failed to publicise it.
He alleged that the BJP took advantage through propaganda of scams.