Congress leader and former Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Sunday termed as conspiracy about the reports of his joining ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh and did not rule out involvement of some persons from his party.
“A section of the media is showing speculative news regarding me joining SP, which I outrightly reject. There is no question of my son Rakesh joining the SP either,” Beni told reporters at his residence.
Such rumours were being spread as a part of a “conspiracy” and possibility of involvement of some person from Congress could not be ruled out.
“This is true that I was with the SP for 30 years, but I left the party due to acts of its supremo. Now I am in Congress and will die under the tricolour,” Beni said.
Verma lost to BJP candidate from Gonda constituency in the Lok Sabha polls.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
He said Congress has become weak and the process started with the demolition of disputed structure at Ayodhya.
“At that time Muslims went with the SP and with emergence of BSP dalit voters got associated with it,” Verma said.
The former Union minister said Congress has to struggle and move forward, and it has to create its social base.
He said that Yadav and Dalits were disenchanted with SP and BSP respectively and Congress should take advantage of this.
Beni claimed that the previous Manmohan Singh government strengthened the economic condition of the country by 10 times, but Congress failed to publicise it.
He alleged that the BJP took advantage through propaganda of scams.