Complying with the Election Commission’s order, West Bengal government on Wednesday removed seven officials from their existing posts and replaced them with different officials as desired by the poll panel.
“Yes, we have executed the Election Commission order on Wednesday and a letter in this regard has already been sent to the EC”, state Home Secretary Basudeb Banerjee said.
The EC had directed the state Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra to execute the order by 10.00 AM on Wednesday.
After breathing fire, the Mamata Banerjee government buckled under unrelenting pressure last night and agreed to transfer seven top officials as the Election Commission put mits foot down and gave an ultimatum for complying with its order by this morning.
The removed SPs included R K Yadav of Malda, Humayun Kabir of Murshidabad, S M H Mirza of Burdwan, Bharati Ghosh of West Midnapore and Jhargram police district (Dual charge) and Sanjay Bansal, DM, North 24 Paraganas.
According to EC directive Rupesh Kumar would take over as SP Malda district, Syed Waquar Raja as SP Murshidabad, Miraj Khalid as SP Burdwan, Rashid Munir Khan as SP Birbhum and Sisram Jhajoria will take over as SP West Midnapore district.
The EC also ordered transfer of Birbhum SP Alok Rajoria, who has been asked to take over as SP of Jhargram police district.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
State Health Secretary Onkar Singh Meena has been given the responsibility as DM of North 24-Parganas district in place of Sanjay Bansal. Apart from this, ADM West Midnapore district Arindam Dutta and returning Officer of Mathurapur Parliamentary Constituency Alokesh Prasad Roy have also been removed from their present posts as ordered by the Commission.
EC has also directed that the state government could give posting to the removed officials in non-election related posts with necessary intimation to the Election Commission.