Complying with the Election Commission’s order, West Bengal government on Wednesday removed seven officials from their existing posts and replaced them with different officials as desired by the poll panel.
“Yes, we have executed the Election Commission order on Wednesday and a letter in this regard has already been sent to the EC”, state Home Secretary Basudeb Banerjee said.
The EC had directed the state Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra to execute the order by 10.00 AM on Wednesday.
After breathing fire, the Mamata Banerjee government buckled under unrelenting pressure last night and agreed to transfer seven top officials as the Election Commission put mits foot down and gave an ultimatum for complying with its order by this morning.
The removed SPs included R K Yadav of Malda, Humayun Kabir of Murshidabad, S M H Mirza of Burdwan, Bharati Ghosh of West Midnapore and Jhargram police district (Dual charge) and Sanjay Bansal, DM, North 24 Paraganas.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
According to EC directive Rupesh Kumar would take over as SP Malda district, Syed Waquar Raja as SP Murshidabad, Miraj Khalid as SP Burdwan, Rashid Munir Khan as SP Birbhum and Sisram Jhajoria will take over as SP West Midnapore district.
The EC also ordered transfer of Birbhum SP Alok Rajoria, who has been asked to take over as SP of Jhargram police district.
State Health Secretary Onkar Singh Meena has been given the responsibility as DM of North 24-Parganas district in place of Sanjay Bansal. Apart from this, ADM West Midnapore district Arindam Dutta and returning Officer of Mathurapur Parliamentary Constituency Alokesh Prasad Roy have also been removed from their present posts as ordered by the Commission.
EC has also directed that the state government could give posting to the removed officials in non-election related posts with necessary intimation to the Election Commission.