Alleging that labour issues were ignored by the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal, the state BJP today said that the government should have called for a tripartite meeting to solve labour problems in the jute mill at Bhadreswar where its CEO was killed.
“The state government is responsible for this problem. For five months the workers had received no salary. Why did not the state government then call for a tripartite meeting to solve the situation?” BJP state unit president Rahul Sinha expressed surprise.
He told reporters here that there were problems brewing in other jute mills in the state too, but the government was sitting over it.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In the North Brook jute mill on Sunday, workers had beaten its CEO H K Maheswari to death after a dispute regarding working hours of the employees.
Sinha also alleged that West Bengal was the only state in India where post-poll clashes were still taking place.
“She (Mamata Banerjee) has blamed the BJP for the Raidighi violence where four Trinamool workers have been killed. But BJP has never followed the politics of violence in any state. We are against violence. The incident was a result of internal clashes within the party,” he claimed.