We might still be a couple of days away from the final result of the 2014 General Elections, but the way social media has reacted could be a good way of understanding this democratic excercise.
Data from Twitter shows a significant spike in the mentions of BJP towards the end of the campaign period betweenn January 1 and May 12. This is in contrast to the first few weeks which was dominated by the green line of the AAP.
Incidentally, Rahul Gandhi seems to have had much more mentions on Twitter over the past few months. There is significant spike around the time the Congress general secretary was interviewed by Arnab Goswami of TimesNow. While Modi’s graph has been more or less flat, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal also saw periods where he dominated the dialogue on Twitter.
The BJP managed to stay on top among parties throughout the business end of the campaign (from April 7 to May 12), though there was a considerable fall in mentions from the period before voting began in the country.
During the same period, Rahul Gandhi fund more mentions than Narendra Modi. But it is not clear if all of them were positive tweets.
A look at how the country tweeted about BJP, the Congress and APP as well as their top leaders show intermittent flashes highlighting all the countries. But the saffron of the BJP shows up brightly more often.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More