On his way to file his nomination from Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday came down heavily on the Gandhi family and BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, while projecting himself as an “honest” alternative.
Holding a roadshow in Varanasi on Wednesday, Kejriwal said that people of Amethi voted for Gandhi family for 30 years hoping that it would bring development and employment in their region but all their hopes have been dashed.
There has been no development and people of Amethi want to bring change, Kejriwal said.
He said that in the past five years, all the people of Amethi could see of Rahul Gandhi was his helicopter. He said the locals of Amethi informed him that whenever they tried to meet Rahul Gandhi in Delhi, his security personnel would beat them up.
Tearing into Narendra Modi, Kejriwal said that Modi is coming to Varanasi on Thursday in his helicopter to file his nomination.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Mocking him, Kejiwal said that Modi would fly in his helicopter even to cover a small distance.
“Somebody was saying that Modi is spending Rs 5000 crore in advertisements. Gandhi is also spending a lot of money. You watch TV, read newspapers, see billboards, they are there and everywhere. If he (Modi) is elected to power, he will make at least Rs 5 lakh crore.”
Kejriwal cautioned the people of Kashi to be careful that they are not befooled like the people of Amethi, who do not get a chance to meet their representative.
(With PTI inputs)