On his way to file his nomination from Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday came down heavily on the Gandhi family and BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, while projecting himself as an “honest” alternative.
Holding a roadshow in Varanasi on Wednesday, Kejriwal said that people of Amethi voted for Gandhi family for 30 years hoping that it would bring development and employment in their region but all their hopes have been dashed.
There has been no development and people of Amethi want to bring change, Kejriwal said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
He said that in the past five years, all the people of Amethi could see of Rahul Gandhi was his helicopter. He said the locals of Amethi informed him that whenever they tried to meet Rahul Gandhi in Delhi, his security personnel would beat them up.
Tearing into Narendra Modi, Kejriwal said that Modi is coming to Varanasi on Thursday in his helicopter to file his nomination.
Mocking him, Kejiwal said that Modi would fly in his helicopter even to cover a small distance.
“Somebody was saying that Modi is spending Rs 5000 crore in advertisements. Gandhi is also spending a lot of money. You watch TV, read newspapers, see billboards, they are there and everywhere. If he (Modi) is elected to power, he will make at least Rs 5 lakh crore.”
Kejriwal cautioned the people of Kashi to be careful that they are not befooled like the people of Amethi, who do not get a chance to meet their representative.
(With PTI inputs)