Names of CPI(M)’s Lok Sabha leader Basudeb Acharia, Politburo member M A Baby and several sitting MPs figure in the second list of 49 candidates for the upcoming elections in the party’s strongholds of Tripura, West Bengal and Kerala released on Friday.
Former state Finance Minister Asim Dasgupta, former MPs Mohd Salim, Subhashini Ali and Sujan Chakraborty would also contest the general elections from West Bengal. Baby is also a former parliamentarian.
However, the CPI(M) candidates, Sankar Prasad Datta and Jitendra Chowdhury, from Tripura which has two seats are new and would replace Lok Sabha veterans like Bajuban Reang and Khagen Das.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Besides Acharia, as many as 20 of the 32 candidates the party has put up in West Bengal are new faces for the Lok Sabha polls. The sitting MPs, who would face electoral trial again are Mahendra Kumar Roy, Saman Pathak, Shakti Mohan Malik, Pulin Behari Baske, Susmita Bauri, Sk Saidul Haque, Bangsha Gopal Choudhury and Ramchandra Dom.
In Kerala, the party has put up 15 candidates including Baby. Sitting Lok Sabha members P Karunakaran, A Sampath, M B Rajesh and P K Biju also find a place in the list which has five independents supported by the major Left party.
With these 49 candidates, the total number of seats the CPI(M) would contest goes up to 73, with the party saying it would declare more names in a few days.
The first list contained names of 24 candidates it has put up in Assam, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Lakshadweep, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.