BJP on Saturday made a five-point poser to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi questioning them whether Cabinet files were shared with Gandhi and if Singh forfeited his prerogative to decide his cabinet as per disclosures in a book by a PM’s former adviser.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman questioned Sonia Gandhi if cabinet files were shared with her as mentioned in the book and if there was a deal on Siachen by Gandhi along with Gen J J Singh, the former Army Chief.
Posing a question to Manmohan Singh, she said “did the PM refuse to take daily briefings from intelligence agencies and did this not have a bearing on our security situation?”
“Did the PM forefeit his prerogative to decide on who would be in his cabinet? Was the ‘2G fame’ A Raja appointed at the behest of Sonia Gandhi? Did the PM knowingly overlook corruption by his colleagues as alleged in the book. Did 2G, CWG and Coalgate happened because of this?,” Sitharaman said.
“BJP draws the attention of Congress party to introspect on these issues. They need to answer the people of India on their failures in the past decades. The questions raised relate to failure to control prices, provide jobs, manage the economy. A constructive and issue-based political discourse is the need of the hour. People of India need an answer from Congress, she said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The posers came in the wake of claims in the book “The Accidental Prime Minister: The Making and Unmaking of Manmohan Singh” written by the former PM’s Media Adviser Sanjaya Baru who served in that capacity during UPA-1.