The bank accounts of three trusts of Yoga teacher Ramdev have come under the scrutiny of Election Commission following allegations that huge funds was being spent for political parties in the ongoing Lok Sabha polls across the country.
“The Income Tax department has been asked to look into monetary transactions done through the bank accounts of Ramdev’s Trusts in recent months,” Haridwar District Magistrate D Senthil Pandiyan said on Thursday.
The probe has been launched in compliance with an order of the Election Commission which has received a complaint that the yoga guru’s Divya Yog Mandir Trust, Bharat Swabhiman Trust and Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust are allegedly funding election expenses of some political parties, Pandiyan who is also the Returning Officer for Haridwar said.
Lodged by one Bala Saheb Patil from Bijapur in Karnataka on the commission’s website, the complaint says huge amounts of money have been spent out of the accounts held by these trusts on political parties.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016