The bank accounts of three trusts of Yoga teacher Ramdev have come under the scrutiny of Election Commission following allegations that huge funds was being spent for political parties in the ongoing Lok Sabha polls across the country.
“The Income Tax department has been asked to look into monetary transactions done through the bank accounts of Ramdev’s Trusts in recent months,” Haridwar District Magistrate D Senthil Pandiyan said on Thursday.
The probe has been launched in compliance with an order of the Election Commission which has received a complaint that the yoga guru’s Divya Yog Mandir Trust, Bharat Swabhiman Trust and Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust are allegedly funding election expenses of some political parties, Pandiyan who is also the Returning Officer for Haridwar said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Lodged by one Bala Saheb Patil from Bijapur in Karnataka on the commission’s website, the complaint says huge amounts of money have been spent out of the accounts held by these trusts on political parties.