Narendra Modi on Sunday said Bangladeshi infiltrators who were allowed into the country for votebank politics would have to go back, while refugees who have been thrown out of Bangladesh on religious grounds would be greeted with open arms.
“BJP’s position is very clear, votebank politics has destroyed the country… Those who are Bangladeshi infiltrators, will have to go back,” Modi said.
“Two types of people have come from Bangladesh – the refugees who have been thrown out in the name of religion and the infiltrators,” he said at an election rally here.
“In any country of the world if there are Indians in whose blood the colour of India runs, if they are ethnic Indians, whatever be the colour of their passport. Should not they come to India and be greeted with open arms?
“Those who are thrown out of Bangladesh, should they come to India or not? … Those who are thrown out of Bangladesh, those who observe Durgastami and speak Bengali, they are all our Mother India’s children. They will get the same respect just as any Indian,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Hitting out at Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee for her “paper tiger” jibe against him, the BJP prime minister hopeful said, “Didi is talking so much about tigers, but she is in the service of infiltrators.”
“Had she done (something) for the tigers of Sundarbans instead of doing so much for the infiltrators, then tourists from all over the world would have flocked Bengal,” he said.
Alleging that neither the Left, Congress or TMC were concerned whether the youths of the country get jobs, he said “they, however, ensure that the Bangladeshi infiltrators get jobs so that their votes are cast in their favour.”
“Our first responsibility is to give opportunities for income to our countrymen and not to infiltrators,” Modi said.
At an election rally in Srirampur last week, Modi had said that Bangladeshis would be pushed out with their bags and baggages after election results on May 16.