Accusing the previous UPA government at the Centre of meting out “step-motherly” treatment to Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said he would soon call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi to submit a plan for the development of the state.
Interacting with mediapersons on the sidelines of ‘SangatDarshan’ programme in Talwandi Sabo assembly segment here, Badal said he would soon meet Modi and Union Ministers in New Delhi to apprise them about the special needs of Punjab, which had “suffered” adversely due to the “step-motherly” treatment of the Congress-led UPA government.
The Chief Minister alleged that the state government’s plan to develop Punjab was “deliberately sabotaged” by the previous Union government.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“But now, with the formation of the NDA government at the Centre, the development of the state would get a major boost,” he said.
Punjab government officials have already been asked to prepare a detailed plan regarding the development of the state and the problems faced by it so that maximum benefit could be taken from the grants under the various Central schemes, the Chief Minister said.
“The country in general and Punjab in particular has a lot of hopes from Modi,” Badal said.
“Modi is a decisive and visionary Prime Minister of India and he will certainly work hard to realise the cherished dreams of every man of the country,” added Badal.