Accusing the previous UPA government at the Centre of meting out “step-motherly” treatment to Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said he would soon call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi to submit a plan for the development of the state.
Interacting with mediapersons on the sidelines of ‘SangatDarshan’ programme in Talwandi Sabo assembly segment here, Badal said he would soon meet Modi and Union Ministers in New Delhi to apprise them about the special needs of Punjab, which had “suffered” adversely due to the “step-motherly” treatment of the Congress-led UPA government.
The Chief Minister alleged that the state government’s plan to develop Punjab was “deliberately sabotaged” by the previous Union government.
“But now, with the formation of the NDA government at the Centre, the development of the state would get a major boost,” he said.
Punjab government officials have already been asked to prepare a detailed plan regarding the development of the state and the problems faced by it so that maximum benefit could be taken from the grants under the various Central schemes, the Chief Minister said.
“The country in general and Punjab in particular has a lot of hopes from Modi,” Badal said.
“Modi is a decisive and visionary Prime Minister of India and he will certainly work hard to realise the cherished dreams of every man of the country,” added Badal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More