Narendra Modi on Saturday said farmers are suffering losses due to policies framed by ‘babus’ sitting inside AC offices and promised that after assuming power at the Centre he will revamp the mechanism of fixing Minimum Support Price (MSP). The BJP leader said that when farmers visit markets to sell their produce, not a single government officer is present there which is why middlemen come.
“Farmers are not benefiting by the current policy, which is being decided by babus sitting inside air conditioned offices. When farmers go to market to sell their products, no government official is present there… middlemen come there. This is what is prevalent now,” Modi said at a rally here. He promised to revamp the way Minimum Support Price is calculated.
“BJP in its manifesto has stated that it has decided to take a historic decision. After forming BJP government in Delhi, we will fix the MSP and babus (bureaucrats) will not be allowed to do as they wish. We have suggested a definite process,” he said.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
“We have said the expenditure incurred by the farmer on his land – expenditure of seeds, water, electricity etc – will be added in MSP. A total will be reached and on that 50 per cent profit will be added,” the Gujarat chief minister said.
Government declares the minimum support prices of various agricultural produces and assures the farmers that their agricultural produce will be purchased at the MSP, thereby preventing its distress sale. Attacking the Congress-led government at the Centre, Modi said that while Lal Bahadur Shastri had given the slogan ‘Jai Jawan Jai Kisan’, the ‘Ma-beta’ (mother-son) government has given ‘Mar Jawan Mar Kisan’ (die soldier, die farmer) slogan.
Modi also said that if BJP government comes to power, neither jawans will be beheaded nor farmers will be forced to commit suicide. Attacking the Congress, Modi said that the country and its people would not progress unless they get rid of the “dynastic politics”.