Narendra Modi on Saturday said farmers are suffering losses due to policies framed by ‘babus’ sitting inside AC offices and promised that after assuming power at the Centre he will revamp the mechanism of fixing Minimum Support Price (MSP). The BJP leader said that when farmers visit markets to sell their produce, not a single government officer is present there which is why middlemen come.
“Farmers are not benefiting by the current policy, which is being decided by babus sitting inside air conditioned offices. When farmers go to market to sell their products, no government official is present there… middlemen come there. This is what is prevalent now,” Modi said at a rally here. He promised to revamp the way Minimum Support Price is calculated.
“BJP in its manifesto has stated that it has decided to take a historic decision. After forming BJP government in Delhi, we will fix the MSP and babus (bureaucrats) will not be allowed to do as they wish. We have suggested a definite process,” he said.
“We have said the expenditure incurred by the farmer on his land – expenditure of seeds, water, electricity etc – will be added in MSP. A total will be reached and on that 50 per cent profit will be added,” the Gujarat chief minister said.
Government declares the minimum support prices of various agricultural produces and assures the farmers that their agricultural produce will be purchased at the MSP, thereby preventing its distress sale. Attacking the Congress-led government at the Centre, Modi said that while Lal Bahadur Shastri had given the slogan ‘Jai Jawan Jai Kisan’, the ‘Ma-beta’ (mother-son) government has given ‘Mar Jawan Mar Kisan’ (die soldier, die farmer) slogan.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Modi also said that if BJP government comes to power, neither jawans will be beheaded nor farmers will be forced to commit suicide. Attacking the Congress, Modi said that the country and its people would not progress unless they get rid of the “dynastic politics”.