Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday said that BJP was “over-enthusiastic” ahead of the Lok Sabha elections, and warned it against infighting within the party.
“BJP is overenthusiastic about winning the general elections this time,” Ramdev said at a press conference here. It needed to be patient, he added, while conceding that there was resentment within the party due to “announcement of candidature of some persons”.
The yoga guru also said his support to the saffron party and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was based on specific issues. However, he said he was confident that NDA would get an absolute majority, and stated that there was no alternative to Modi now.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The people were fed up with misrule, corruption and anarchy of the Congress-led UPA government. The country wanted to get rid of the dynastic rule and one-family rule, he said.
Kejriwal was not talking about Congress’s misrule, but had joined hands with the party, Ramdev alleged.
The yoga guru said he had prepared a nine-point “oath letter” which will be signed by all NDA contestants. The letter commits the candidate to bring back the black money and stop corruption, among other things.
He joined BJP’s candidate from Nagpur, Nitin Gadkari, in his mass contact programme, and released the ‘oath letter’ signed by the former BJP chief.