Riled by the ban imposed to prevent him from campaigning in Uttar Pradesh, senior Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan on Thursday again hit out at the Election Commission saying the poll body cannot behave like ‘God’ and it should take actions best suited for a democratic setup.
“The Election Commission cannot behave like God! Instead it should adopt a line of action best suited for democracy and in the spirit of the Constitution,” Khan said.
He asked the poll body to “exhibit courage” and cancel his membership of Uttar Pradesh Assembly.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The EC on April 23 issued a fresh show-cause notice to Khan for reportedly making objectionable remarks against it and circumventing a ban imposed on him from campaigning in UP.
The show-cause notice was issued to the senior SP leader days after the EC banned him from campaigning in the state following his controversial ‘Kargil’ remarks.
Khan said, “I dont need any person’s kindness or leniency since I have been acknowledged as a man of principles and high ideals from the beginning of my political career.”
The senior SP leader alleged that the EC behaved differently and in a partial manner with him because he was a Muslim.
“A person (Amit Shah) who has widely been termed as a hooligan or assassin of humanity by different political bodies as well as widely acknowledged personalities representing social, religious and political fields was allowed to deliver speeches and campaign for BJP’s candidates, but because I happen to be a Muslim so the EC has taken action against me,” he said.