Aam Aadmi Party on Friday has announced its list of candidates for the impending assembly elections in Seemandhra and Telengana region.
Auto driver Sridhar from Malakpet, a visually handicapped high court advocate Chandra Supriya from Malkajgiri and a young tribal activist Seedari Srinu from Paderu, figure in AAP’s list of candidates.
Chartered accountant Mohan Kumar from Yemmiganur (Kurnool district), Dalit social activist and singer Chandra Prakash from Ibrahimpatnam, which is not an SC-reserved constituency, and returned NRI Seera Ramesh Kumar from Vizianagaram were among other nominees, as AAP announced its list of 31 candidates from Telangana and 29 candidates from Seemandhra.
The party has focused on honest individuals with a background in social work and public service, it said in a statement.
Broad representation has been given from across socio-economic categories for common people, the AAP said, adding that about 30 per cent representation has been given to youth between the age of 25 and 35.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“AAP has provided an entry into electoral politics, to people who would otherwise stay away from it because of the domination of corrupt, criminal elements and a few dynasties,” the AAP statement said.