Most autorickshaw drivers will not be advertising for Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the coming Lok Sabha elections as they are upset with his government’s “failure” to implement promises made to them last month.
“Unlike in Delhi Assembly election, we would not advertise for AAP in the coming polls as Kejriwal government failed to implement any announcements made at a Mahasabha durign its 49-day rule,” said Rajendra Soni, general secretary of Delhi Autorickshaw Union which covers most of the auto drivers across Delhi.
Kejriwal had last month announced that transport department and traffic police would not seize autos for minor violations like drivers in not proper dress and that such action will only be taken if a vehicle didn’t have license, permit and fitness.
“Transport department and traffic police still continue to seize autos for minor violations. When we recently reminded transport and traffic officials about the government’s order, they said that they have not got any written direction from the government’s side,” Soni added.
Mukesh, an auto driver, said that 49 days were enough to issue written order or notification, but the Kejriwal government didn’t do anything in this regard.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
AAP-led government on February 7 had also announced its decision to issue 5500 NCR permits to autos.
“This promise was also not fulfilled. Without Haryana and Uttar Pradesh governments’ consent, Delhi’s autos cannot ply in Noida,Faridabad, Ghaziabad and Gurgaon,” he said.
There are nearly 80,000 autorickshaws running in the capital.
The Aam Aadmi Party had acknowledged their role in its electoral success and promised to address their grievances.