Rally venues in Hisar and Gurgaon were bathed in the BSP blue on Tuesday afternoon. But the speeches had been heard before at the venues drenched in the AAP white. In her first two rallies in North India this election season, BSP chief Minister Mayawati raised the issues spoken about by AAP national convenor Arvind Kejriwal.
Mayawati too spoke of a “collusion” between the national parties, which has not allowed “anti-corruption legislation” to be effective. “It is because of the collusion between the big parties that the Lokpal and other anti-corruption Bills proposed have not been effective. I hold the Congress most accountable, but the BJP also has not proved to be effective in the six years that they were running the national government,” she said.
In both Gurgaon and Hisar, where she addressed crowds of around 5,000, the BSP chief also spoke of national policies being framed at the behest of big corporates. “Sarkar ko gine chune ke liye nahi, aam aadmi ke liya kaam karna chaiye (The government must not work for a few but for the aam aadmi),” she said. Much like the AAP attempt to position itself as a clean alternative to the BJP and the Congress, Maywati said the BSP was the “only party which does not work at the whims of industrialists and the wealthy.”
The most scathing attack in both the speeches was reserved for the NDA’s PM nominee Narendra Modi. “He keeps saying he will make India as developed as Gujarat. But he does not say that one in three children are malnourished, or how the scheduled castes have been left behind, or that he did not allow the state to have a Lokayukya for a very long time ,” she said.
There was also the customary jibe at the media. “It is through the media, that these parties portray themselves in positive light. Don’t get swayed by any of them. It is only the BSP that can work for the lower castes,” she told the gatherings predominated by Dalits.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More