Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung is learnt to have expressed deep concern over the functioning of the Arvind Kejriwal government while speaking at the President’s annual governors’ meet, going to the extent of saying that its members had “little consideration” for rules and regulations.
Jung, who spoke on Thursday at the two-day conference at Rashtrapati Bhawan, is learnt to have specifically highlighted the case against Ugandan nationals, saying that a foreign woman national had to take to “urination on the road” because of misbehaviour by ministers of the AAP government.
Sources said the L-G also voiced concern over the Delhi government’s interference in the functioning of schools and hospitals, which was an obvious reference to the vigilante-style surprise visits by some ministers to institutions and ordering changes without proper review.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Jung is said to have also underscored that the crime situation has been worrying, with rape cases on the rise.
Jung’s remarks, sources said, made it clear that despite his efforts, the Delhi government had gone in a direction which was adding stress to institutional relationships as imagined by the constitution.
While there was some chemistry between Jung and Kejriwal in the initial days, especially when the L-G managed to get him to end his street protest, it steadily deteriorated thereafter with AAP leaders calling him a “Congress agent”.