Former chief minister Ashok Chavan and Industries Minister Narayan Rane Saturday urged the central Congress leadership to take some drastic steps to ensure quick decision-making in the state government and the party’s state unit ahead of October 2014 Assembly elections.
The A K Antony-headed committee Saturday held closed-door meeting in Delhi with the state Congress leaders to assess their views on poll preparations and measures necessary ahead of the Assembly polls.
A senior AICC functionary told The Indian Express, “The unanimous view among senior leaders is that whatever decision is required should be taken immediately. A majority of state leaders were complaining against Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre.”
“Some even suggested that if the central leadership believes there is no need for change, it should immediately be conveyed so that individuals can concentrate in their respective constituencies,” he said.
A senior Congress minister said, “The urgency required to address the issues of organisation and administration ahead of Assembly elections is not seen under the leadership Prithviraj Chavan and Manikrao Thakre. I have conveyed these views before the Antony panel.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Another former MP said, “I advocated the name of Shindeji as an alternative to Chavan to send a message to Dalits. It will also help better working relations with the NCP.”
A formal decision related to state leadership and other poll preparations will be taken in the first week of June.