Former chief minister Ashok Chavan and Industries Minister Narayan Rane Saturday urged the central Congress leadership to take some drastic steps to ensure quick decision-making in the state government and the party’s state unit ahead of October 2014 Assembly elections.
The A K Antony-headed committee Saturday held closed-door meeting in Delhi with the state Congress leaders to assess their views on poll preparations and measures necessary ahead of the Assembly polls.
A senior AICC functionary told The Indian Express, “The unanimous view among senior leaders is that whatever decision is required should be taken immediately. A majority of state leaders were complaining against Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Some even suggested that if the central leadership believes there is no need for change, it should immediately be conveyed so that individuals can concentrate in their respective constituencies,” he said.
A senior Congress minister said, “The urgency required to address the issues of organisation and administration ahead of Assembly elections is not seen under the leadership Prithviraj Chavan and Manikrao Thakre. I have conveyed these views before the Antony panel.”
Another former MP said, “I advocated the name of Shindeji as an alternative to Chavan to send a message to Dalits. It will also help better working relations with the NCP.”
A formal decision related to state leadership and other poll preparations will be taken in the first week of June.