“Butcher of Gujarat air-dropped into Bengal. He has no answers to Bengal’s development model. So, making personal attacks,” TMC spokesperson Derek O’Brien said in a series of tweets. “The Butcher of Gujarat could not take care of his own wife. How will he take care of this great nation?” he tweeted.
Earlier, Modi had targeted Mamata for the second time in three weeks after appearing to be going soft on her, indicating receding chances of any post-poll tie-up between them. “Saradha is the other name of Saraswati, she is worshipped everywhere, and this Saradha turned into a chit fund! Mamataji, we did not expect this from you,” he said.
Modi accused Mamata of shattering the dreams of Bengal, and doing what the Left had been doing in intimidating her opponents. “So much lust for the chair?” he said.
Modi also questioned the sale of one of Mamata’s paintings for Rs 1.8 crore. “Who all have bought your paintings? For what price have they bought it? Suddenly how have they found your talent? The people of Bengal want to know.” Reacting to Modi’s remarks on Mamata’s paintings, O’Brien tweeted, “Paintings were sold not for personal gain. Money used for good causes as well as to fund elections.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In another tweet, he said, “Butcher of Gujarat says Didi pocketed Rs 1.8 crore by selling one painting of hers. He should prove it or face defamation.”
In his speech, the BJP’s PM candidate threatened to deport Bangladeshi immigrants if the NDA comes to power. “I want to warn from here that, after May 16, we will send these Bangladeshis with their bags and baggages,” Modi said.
Accusing Mamata of pursuing vote bank politics, he said, “You are spreading the red carpet for Bangladeshis… If people from Bihar come, they seem to be outsiders to you, if people from Orissa come, they seem to be outsiders to you, you feel bad if Marwaris come. But if some Bangladeshi comes, your face seems to shine.” Sreerampore has a lot of Hindi-speaking migrants working in jute mills.
“When I say what about the employment of youths, they say what about secularism. When I say what about the welfare of farmers, they say what about secularism. I say what about two square meals for the poor, they say what about secularism. I talk of security for women on whom atrocities are being met out. They say what about secularism,” Modi went on, castigating “vote bank politics”.
He promised that if the BJP comes to power, he will order a thorough investigation into the Saradha scam and will not let anyone responsible for the loot of people’s money escape punishment. “Kissi ko nahin choda jayega,” Modi thundered at the rally.
The meeting was organised in support of BJP candidates from nearby seats, including Bappi Lahiri (Sreerampore) and Chandan Mitra (Hooghly).