To reach out to maximum possible people before the Delhi polls,AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday launched ‘Jhadu Chalao Yatra’,which came under Election Commission scanner as observers found violation of model code of conduct during the rally.
Kejriwal started the 22-day yatra (roadshow) at around 11 AM from Old Chandrawal on Magazine Road in Civil Lines area near Delhi Vidhan Sabha premises.
However,soon after the roadshow started,the procession was halted at Chandni Chowk of Old Delhi by Election Commission observers,who objected to the use of more vehicles than the permissible limit.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Under model code of conduct norms,only 10 vehicles are allowed in a rally.
Kejriwal asked his supporter to follow the EC’s instruction and the four-hour long roadshow passed through Vidhan Sabha,Tees Hazari,Barfkhana,Chandi Chowk,Red Fort,Jama Masjid and Matia Mahal localities.
As the permission to conduct the roadshow was till 3 PM,Kejriwal could not go to Ballimaran area and it culminated at Turkman Gate.
During the yatra,Kejriwal interacted with the locals and sought their support in the December 4 Delhi polls,an AAP leader said.
“While the carcade was passing through Vidhan Sabha area,people residing in adjacent houses,waved back to Kejriwal with broom,his party’s election symbol,as a mark of support,” he added.
When asked about violating the model code of conduct,the AAP leader said,we have followed the EC’s instruction and asked our supporters,to maintain a distance of 200 metres with the last car in the 10 car-long carcade. During the roadshow,Kejriwal plans to visit all the 70 constituencies and directly interact with the people,listen to their problems and discuss solutions.
Kejriwal aims to cover a maximum of four assembly constituencies and minimum of two on a given day,he said.
The yatra would culminate on December 1,three days ahead of elections wherein the AAP leader would be visiting New Delhi,R K Puram,Rajinder Nagar and Delhi Cantonment assembly constituencies.
Ashima Jain,District Election Officer (Central) said,”We have got the videography done of the entire rally. We will go through the video footage before taking any action.”
Jain added that a report in this matter will be filed in two days.