The anti-corruption helpline, introduced by the Delhi Government, received nearly 4,000 calls in the first seven hours of its operation.
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said the helpline received 3,904 calls till 3 PM Thursday out of which 53 callers had serious complaints. He said 38 callers have agreed to do a sting operation. Kejriwal had announced setting up of the helpline 011 27357169 Wednesday to receive any complaint of corruption and irregularity.
If a complaint is considered serious, a team of officials would help the complainant on how to conduct a sting operation to trap the accused. The government’s vigilance team after receiving evidence will pursue the case. “Public grievance is a symptom, the disease is something else,” Kejriwal told a press conference in New Delhi. He said considering the “huge response”, the government has decided to increase the number of c from current 15 officials to 30 by Friday.
He said on Saturdays, the entire cabinet will sit to hear grievances of the public from 9:30 AM to 11 AM. On weekdays, one minister will receive grievances from the public. Officials said after receiving evidence from complaints, anti-corruption sleuths will swing into action and start working on the cases within 24 hours.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More