After Narendra Modi, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Friday held an impressive roadshow here and derided the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate for resorting to “helicopter and corrupt politics”.
Kejriwal, who is contesting against Modi from this Lok Sabha constituency, reached the gate of Banaras Hindu University in the afternoon along with other party leaders and hordes of supporters.
Addressing the public, Kejriwal said it was a historical election and people of Kashi will have to decide “whether they will support corrupt politics presented by Modi, or they will choose clean politics, politics for love and respect.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“I know you will support our movement to clean the system. I had gone to Rohaniya and adjoining areas and got the impression that 70 per cent people will support AAP,” he said.
Kejriwal alleged that Modi was doing politics even on Ganga Arti. “He told lies. He was given permission to perform Ganga Arti, but he did not do.
“I performed Ganga arti along with my wife on Thursday. Nobody prevented us. The person who is trying to exploit Ganga Arti for political mileage and politicise the issue, that person should not be supported.
“He (Modi) came by helicopter before elections for two hours, do you think he will come here after elections. I will always be with you. I will be always there for Kashi and be with you to help you. This time helicopter politics will not work,” he said.
Kejriwal began his roadshow from rural parts of the constituency before reaching BHU gate, the same venue where top BJP leaders also held dharna on Thursday to protest against election authorities.
While voicing confidence of his victory with a “huge margin”, Kejriwal accused BJP of trying all tactics including communal and caste politics, as well as “violence and bribing of media” to woo voters.
Kejriwal said contrary to BJP’s claims and certain media reports, Modi will suffer a big defeat as people of Varanasi know the reality.
Notwithstanding scorching heat with temperatures soaring past 45 degrees, campaigning has intensified in this temple town. Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi will also hold a roadshow here tomorrow to seek votes for party candidate Ajay Rai.
Kejriwal has been campaigning extensively here for about one month, especially in rural and minority-dominated areas.
All the top leaders of AAP are also here, while today’s roadshow was being attended among others by Bhagvant Mann, Vishal Dadlani and Gul Panag, who led a bike rally also yesterday.
Kejriwal also performed a Ganga Aarti last evening, even as Modi’s plans to perform the same could not fructify amid a major showdown between BJP and the election authorities.