Huge drama ensued as Arvind Kejriwal was stopped just outside Gandhinagar by the police which had posted huge reinforcements including riot control vehicles at sarghasan chokdi after news spread that he was heading to meet Narendra Modi, Friday.
Arvind Kejriwal told the Indian Express from his Innova parked on the Gandhinagar highway, “they have stopped us here and Manish has gone to get the appointment. Till then we are here.”
Only Manish Sisodia who was was permitted to visit Modi’s office came back disappointed as they were denied permission to meet. ” We have not been given appointment to meet. We would try get an appointment in the next 3-4 days”, Sisodia said.
Later, Gandhinagar SP Sharad Singhal said, “Kejriwal’s car was not stopped, but they stopped here. I took Sisodia along with me to the Chief Minister’s office, where he gave a written request. The response from the Chief Minister’s office was that they will give a reply to them in two or three days.”
Meanwhile, a group of around 150-175 suspected BJP members waved black flags and shouted anti-Kejriwal slogans at the spot where the former Delhi Chief Minister was waiting.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kejriwal later drove to the airport to go to Jaipur.
Blaming Modi for speaking white lies on the issue of development, the former Delhi Chief Minister said that he was keen on meeting the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate to discuss the 16 questions raised on Gujarat development.
Kejriwal, who is on a four-day visit to Gujarat to ‘verify’ the development claims on the home turf of Modi, also raked up the gas pricing issue.
“Modi should make his point clear on the issue of gas pricing,” he said, adding, “Gujarat government has demanded that gas pricing should be USD 16. Earlier, UPA government had given a go ahead to raise the price of gas from USD 4 to USD 8”.
He also raised questions on the issue of corrupt ministers in the Modi government and alleged that the chief minister has a bond with Mukesh Ambani.
(With PTI inputs)