Taking potshots at both Arvind Kejriwal and Narendra Modi, Congress on Sunday said while the Delhi Chief Minister resigned to fulfill his national ambitions, the Gujarat leader is still glued to the CM’s chair.
“Kejriwal has proved himself more ethical by resigning to fulfil his national ambitions, unlike Mr Modi who is still glued to CM’s chair,” AICC general secretary in-charge for Delhi, Shakeel Ahmed said on Twitter.
His comments came two days after Kejriwal quit, alleging a nexus between Congress and BJP to ensure that Jan Lokpal bill was not passed.
Congress leaders had been maintaining in private that Kejriwal’s focus was Lok Sabha polls and that he would not remain as Delhi Chief Minister for long as the promises his AAP party had made before the Assembly elections were difficult to fulfill.
A few days before Kejriwal’s resignation, Ahmed had tweeted, “People say despite INC support AAP govt will be in minority soon due to revolt by few AAP MLAs, to hide this Mr Kejriwal will resign soon.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016