- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Arvind Kejriwal meets wife, AAP leaders in Tihar
Former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday went for a walk in the morning within Tihar Jail premises, where he is lodged in a defamation case, and met his wife and some AAP leaders who had come to visit him.
Kejriwal slept well through the night and woke up early, went for a morning walk and returned to his cell where he was served breakfast, consisting the staple tea and bread, sources at the Tihar Jail said, adding he also read around three to four newspapers in his cell.
At around 10 AM, the AAP chief met his party colleagues Sanjay Singh and Ashutosh for about 30 minutes and also met his wife Sunita, who had brought clothes and medicines for him.
“He also interacted with some guards and other jail staff. He told them that he was fighting against corrupt for the common man like them and that is why he was in jail,” a prison official said. Kejriwal was arrested on Wednesday and sent to Tihar Jail till May 23 by a local court after he refused to furnish bail bond of Rs 10,000 in a criminal defamation complaint filed against him by BJP leader Nitin Gadkari.
Last night, the AAP leader was served prison food consisting chapati of 400 gm grain, 250 gm vegetable and 90 gm dal. Kejriwal is kept in the meditation ward of jail number four, the same cell where his one time mentor Anna Hazare was kept after his arrest during the Lokpal movement in 2011. He has been kept alone in order to ensure that he does not come into contact with other inmates due to security reasons.