Former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday went for a walk in the morning within Tihar Jail premises, where he is lodged in a defamation case, and met his wife and some AAP leaders who had come to visit him.
Kejriwal slept well through the night and woke up early, went for a morning walk and returned to his cell where he was served breakfast, consisting the staple tea and bread, sources at the Tihar Jail said, adding he also read around three to four newspapers in his cell.
At around 10 AM, the AAP chief met his party colleagues Sanjay Singh and Ashutosh for about 30 minutes and also met his wife Sunita, who had brought clothes and medicines for him.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“He also interacted with some guards and other jail staff. He told them that he was fighting against corrupt for the common man like them and that is why he was in jail,” a prison official said. Kejriwal was arrested on Wednesday and sent to Tihar Jail till May 23 by a local court after he refused to furnish bail bond of Rs 10,000 in a criminal defamation complaint filed against him by BJP leader Nitin Gadkari.
Last night, the AAP leader was served prison food consisting chapati of 400 gm grain, 250 gm vegetable and 90 gm dal. Kejriwal is kept in the meditation ward of jail number four, the same cell where his one time mentor Anna Hazare was kept after his arrest during the Lokpal movement in 2011. He has been kept alone in order to ensure that he does not come into contact with other inmates due to security reasons.