Kejriwal was accompanied by senior party leader Manish Sisodia in the nearly half-an-hour meeting with Jung. The AAP leader did not speak to the media after the meeting.
Sources said the issue of formation of a government figured in the meeting. Following the party’s dismal performance, some AAP MLAs last week had mooted a proposal for the party to once again form government in Delhi, with support from either BJP or Congress.
Sources in AAP said majority of sitting MLAs in the party do not want fresh election immediately thinking the “Modi wave” may flatten them if polls are held anytime soon. The party on Sunday had, however, ruled out the possibility of forming government in Delhi again. The AAP had won 28 seats in its debut assembly elections in December last year and had later formed the government with outside support from the Congress’ eight MLAs.
The BJP along with its all Akali Dal’s one MLA had won 32 seats in the 70-member assembly. Number of BJP MLAs has come down to 28 as three party legislators Harsh Vardhan, Ramesh Bidhuri and Pervesh Verma have been elected to the Parliament. The government led by Kejriwal had resigned on February 14 after the party’s pet project—the Janlokpal Bill—could not be passed due to opposition from BJP and Congress.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
President’s Rule was imposed in Delhi on February 17. Lt Governor Najeeb Jung had not favoured dissolution of the 70-member Delhi Assembly as recommended by the Council of Ministers headed by Kejriwal and kept the Assembly in suspended animation.
Congress has already said it will prefer fresh election in the city then supporting the AAP again to form a government. BJP has also said that it would prefer fresh election than forming a government through “manipulation”.