On the last leg of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s five-day Punjab tour, a mob pelted his vehicle with stones at Hassanpur village near here, breaking its windscreen. Kejriwal, who was in the front seat next to the driver, escaped without injury though the shattered glass fell on him.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal ordered an inquiry into the incident, which AAP alleged was the handiwork of the Akali Dal and Congress.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
In a well orchestrated attack the goons sent by Badals attacked Kejriwal’s car with stones & rods as police stood by pic.twitter.com/5fjyumO1JD
— Ashish Khetan (@AashishKhetan) February 29, 2016
The attack took place soon after his motorcade left the resort, where he had interacted with industrialists. Police diverted the convoy through Hassanpur village to avoid traffic on Ferozepur Road.
A minute after taking the diversion, over 200 people surrounded Kejriwal’s car, brandishing lathis and carrying stones. A huge stone was thrown at the windscreen. Pieces of glass fell on Kejriwal, seated on the front seat. He was quickly moved to another car. Kejriwal indicated that Akali Dal and Congress were behind the attack.