Kejriwal was accompanied by party leader Sanjay Singh, besides other AAP members and volunteers. The former Delhi Chief Minister first visited the Muslim dominated Korouta village, comprising mostly weavers and farmers. He apprised them about his party’s aim and its successful government of 49 days in the national capital.
He appealed to the electorate to vote for the party’s election symbol “broom” in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. Addressing another public meeting at Muslim dominated weavers village Kotwa, Kejriwal told villagers that there is only one way to eradicate poverty from the country and that is by providing proper and feasible education to children.
“If people get proper education then they may get jobs, do better business and can setup their own industry,” he said. He told farmers if his party is voted to power, their lands would never be taken without prior consent.
“If BJP is voted to power then farmers land will be given to Adanis as was done in Gujarat, where a number of farmers have committed suicide,” he alleged. He also promised that AAP would even provide higher market value-price for their crops avoiding the middlemen.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Speaking about Naxal menace in the country, Kejriwal said naxalites should practise non-violence. “Our party is against any violence as any problems can be solved by holding talks together,” he added.
Kejriwal will be visiting nearly half dozen villages in the outskirts of the city during his campaign.