A day after Arvind Kejriwal kicked off his Lok Sabha campaign in Maharashtra amid chaos, Mumbai Police on Thursday registered a case against the AAP leader and his supporters on the charge of unlawful assembly outside the domestic airport here.
“Kejriwal and his supporters had assembled outside the airport just after he landed from Delhi. The assembly was in violation of the order duly promulgated by police that more than five persons cannot assemble in a place without police permission,” a police officer said.
Kejriwal and his supporters have been booked under Section 188 (Disobedience to order promulgated by public servant), Section 143 (Unlawful assembly). We have also registered a case under the sections of Bombay Police Act and Motor Vehicle Act, police said.
Police sources also said a report on the case registered will be forwarded to the office of Election Commission as the Model Code of Conduct is in effect for coming Lok Sabha polls.
On Wednesday, a crowd of AAP activists had welcomed the former Delhi chief minister as he stepped out of the airport and travelled by an auto rickshaw along with two other senior party leaders to suburban Andheri.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A contingent of police personnel, mediapersons and party activists present at the airport then trailed the auto rickshaw over the entire five-km distance till Kejriwal alighted near Andheri station.
The AAP chief then took a suburban train ride to Churchgate station in South Mumbai, which was marked by chaos and vandalism amid complaints of huge inconvinience to commuters.