On Tuesday, Arvind Kejriwal once again questioned the Gujarat growth story. On Wednesday, the Gujarat government issued a point-by-point reply to his charges, while the BJP issued a separate denial. Then the AAP continued the exchange with a rebuttal of the rebuttal. The exchange:
Kejriwal: If Narendra Modi comes to power, farmers will lose their land to industrialists.
Gujarat: The Gujarat land acquisition policy was appreciated by the Supreme Court. Acquisition has been done with the consent of farmers and at the market rate. Gujarat is the only state in India that has not seen farmer agitations against land acquisition.
Kejriwal: 5,874 farmers have committed suicide in Gujarat in the last 10 years.
Gujarat: During his visit to Gujarat, he had said 800 farmers. Kejriwal included living persons among suicides and raised the number to 5,876 within 15 days. The truth is that in the past 10 years, only one farmer has committed suicide in Gujarat.
(According to the figures shared by the Gujarat home department in the assembly, the five years between 2008 and 2013 saw 125 farmer suicides. This was reported in The Indian Express, November 9, 2013 )
AAP: Below is NCRB data… the only authentic data for farmer suicides for the country. On what data the BJP based its press release or the Modi govt its claims we are keen to see. (The figure cited for siides is 564 in 2012).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kejriwal: Small traders will be out of jobs if Modi comes to power as he will favour FDI in retail.
Gujarat: The BJP is against FDI in retail.
AAP: The BJP is posturing against FDI for now, but Modi is for FDI. In Delhi at a traders’ meeting… Modi (asked), why are the traders scared of international competition? This clearly establishes his position.
Kejriwal: More than 60,000 small and medium industries have shut in Gujarat.
Gujarat: Gujarat has 5.19 lakh small and medium industries registered. According to a 2001-02 central government survey, 22 per cent units were shut down, which reduced to 12 per cent in 2006-07 and 5 per cent until March 2012.
(A survey by the Gujarat government showed that about 1,000-odd units had shut down between 2011 and 2012. This was reported in The Indian Express, January 9, 2013)
BJP: Kejriwal is yet again misleading citizens by spreading canards that Modi has written a letter to the government on gas pricing in the KG Basin.
AAP: The BJP press release makes a vague claim, “The standing committee of finance of Parliament headed by Yashwant Sinha has seriously questioned the gas pricing policy…” This says nothing about the BJP’s position. The standing committee is that of Parliament, not of BJP. It says nothing of the BJP’s prime ministerial nominee’s position on gas pricing. A letter from the Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation…. Mr Modi’s govt clearly recommends a gas price formula which if you insert the current market price of Brent crude crosses $14 which is even higher than what the UPA very generously recommends to favour Reliance.
Also in AAP rebuttal
On BJP allegation that AAP is soft on the Congress: Kejriwal’s press conference focusing the nation’s attention on Robert Vadra’s corrupt deals was the first time the Congress first family’s corruption was taken up aggressively. The papers and evidence of Robert Vadra’s corrupt deals were with Arun Jaitley. Why did Mr Jaitley not go public with the corruption of the Gandhi family?
”Did Modi ji call me an agent of Pakistan and AK 49? Kya PM ke daawedar ko ye bhasha use karna shobha deta hai?”
“He will not respond on gas prices and false claims of Gujarat development. Why? He refuses to talk bat farmer suicides in Gujarat. Why?”
“He refuses to respond on his compulsions to keep corrupt people like Babubhai Bokharia and Puruahottam Solanki in his cabinet. Why?”
“He refuses to respond on his compulsions to give tkts to corrupt people like Yedyurappa, Sriramlu n Ramvilas Paswan. Why?”
“My political assessment after 2 days in Varanasi — Modi ji is losing Varanasi. He shud therefore concentrate on Vadodra”
ONE FROM SISODIA:
“Modi ji, yahi AK 49 is mulk ko Ambani-Adani ki dukaan banane se rokenge”