He said Singh, a former union minister who had held various important portfolios at the Centre, should have “broad shoulders” to take no once after having been sent to Parliament nine times in the past.
“It is unfortunate that the party could not accommodate him because of various winnability considerations in the seat. He is a very senior member and he should have realised this. And after realising this, after all the party has sent him to Parliament nine times, if he had to wait this time, there is nothing wrong in it,” he said when asked about Singh contesting the elections as an Independent from Barmer.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Singh has also been attacking the leadership including Narendra Modi ever since the denial of ticket last week.
“People are too clever that they can see where the party is wrong and where the party is correct. I think in this case the individual concerned has over reacted. I think ambition has to be seen with loyalty and I passed that test. I am not sure whether I can say that about some others. I think, he is over reacting,” Jaitley said.
He was reacting to a question on Singh’s remarks that “Jaitley is not an example of lacking ambitions. His aspirations are punishing.”
“If for 34 years, nine times you are sent into Parliament. I am sure, you should have the broad shoulders to take no once. I am not for the moment saying that. There is a lot of space for seniors to guide the party,” Jaitley said.
About the controversy over the candidature of senior leaders L K Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi, he said “the episodes of Dr Joshi and Advaniji are only in the media and in party there was no such real episode.”