Firing yet another salvo at Arun Jaitley, Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Thursday alleged that BJP leader was not even loyal to his party and was part of a group which wanted to restrict BJP tally to 160 seats to queer pitch for its PM candidate Narendra Modi.
Former Punjab Chief Minister and Congress candidate from Amritsar claimed that people like Jaitley and few others hope that in case BJP got less than 160 seats it will be difficult for Modi to become the PM.
“People of Amritsar would like Jaitley to clarify these charges against him”, he said in a statement here, adding, “a man who cannot be loyal to his own party and own leader cannot be loyal to people of Amritsar either”.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
However, Singh said that Jaitley and his club will not need to really work that hard to keep the party’s tally below 160, saying he would guarantee BJP will not cross 150 seats even.
The senior Congress leader also had a dig at the Akalis by calling them “self professed and proclaimed patrons” of Jaitley.
He advised the “over-excited” Akali leaders to first ask Jaitley whether he was really interested and serious about winning Amritsar lest it subverted his ‘160 club’ plan.
“In any case he (Jaitley) is not going to win from Amritsar and hence my advice to you is not to try to be more loyal than the king”, he advised the Akalis.
Amarinder said, it was perfectly in accordance with the ‘160 club’ game plan that the senior leaders of the party like L K Advani, Dr Murli Manohar Joshi and Jaswant Singh were humiliated and being pruned out.
BJP leaders however dismissed the talk of ‘160 club’.
“There is a Modi wave and we are working to cross the target of 272 seats,” a senior BJP leader said.