Firing yet another salvo at Arun Jaitley, Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Thursday alleged that BJP leader was not even loyal to his party and was part of a group which wanted to restrict BJP tally to 160 seats to queer pitch for its PM candidate Narendra Modi.
Former Punjab Chief Minister and Congress candidate from Amritsar claimed that people like Jaitley and few others hope that in case BJP got less than 160 seats it will be difficult for Modi to become the PM.
“People of Amritsar would like Jaitley to clarify these charges against him”, he said in a statement here, adding, “a man who cannot be loyal to his own party and own leader cannot be loyal to people of Amritsar either”.
However, Singh said that Jaitley and his club will not need to really work that hard to keep the party’s tally below 160, saying he would guarantee BJP will not cross 150 seats even.
The senior Congress leader also had a dig at the Akalis by calling them “self professed and proclaimed patrons” of Jaitley.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He advised the “over-excited” Akali leaders to first ask Jaitley whether he was really interested and serious about winning Amritsar lest it subverted his ‘160 club’ plan.
“In any case he (Jaitley) is not going to win from Amritsar and hence my advice to you is not to try to be more loyal than the king”, he advised the Akalis.
Amarinder said, it was perfectly in accordance with the ‘160 club’ game plan that the senior leaders of the party like L K Advani, Dr Murli Manohar Joshi and Jaswant Singh were humiliated and being pruned out.
BJP leaders however dismissed the talk of ‘160 club’.
“There is a Modi wave and we are working to cross the target of 272 seats,” a senior BJP leader said.