Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has agreed to an integrated package to usher in holistic development in the border areas of Arunachal Pradesh, an official release said here on Wednesday.
The offer comes in the wake of Arunachal Chief Minister Nabam Tuki’s appeal for a special impetus for the development of border areas in the state to check urban migration, a press release from the Chief minister’s office (CMO) said.
Jaitley, who also holding the Defence and Corporate Affairs portfolio, conveyed the message to Tuki when he met him in New Delhi yesterday, the release said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The chief minister has laid special emphasis on boosting connectivity and the enhancement of administrative and basic essential services in the border areas, the release said.
The Finance Minister assured the CM that he would take up the border roads development issue with Border Roads Organisation (BRO) to expedite the completion of various projects.
The Finance minister also said that he would take measures to connect the 10 un-connected administrative centres to expand the scope of public delivery services in the state, the release said.
While discussing the fiscal condition of the state, Jaitley assured all possible help from his side with respect to the release of pending TFC (Thirteenth Finance Commission) funds and other financial support due to the state.
In accordance with the PM’s positive response regarding the matter of a separate window of domestic funding in lieu of projects funded by external agencies like ADB and World Bank, the minister assured to resolve the matter on priority to compensate the state, the release added.
It said Jaitley would visit Arunachal Pra desh along with the Chief of Army Staff after the Parliament session.
The union minister would also visit Tawang to inaugurate the National Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports (NIMAS) at Dirang.