Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley was on Tuesday accorded a warm welcome upon reaching Amritsar, the constituency from where he will contest his first-ever parliamentary elections. The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal leadership and the local BJP leaders were present when Jaitley arrived here this afternoon.
However, three-time sitting MP from here, Navjot Singh Sidhu, gave it a miss. On Saturday, when BJP had announced Jaitley’s candidature from Amritsar, Sidhu had said that Jaitley was his “guru”. Sidhu has been vocal against the Akali leadership in the past and had even accused them of scuttling his pet projects in the constituency.
He had said on Saturday that he would accept whatever the party decided, though he had made it clear that he would not contest the election from anywhere else. Jailtey was received at Amritsar Rajasansi Airport by Punjab Cabinet Minister Bikram Majithia along with his party workers, MLAs and BJP local leadership including Punjab cabinet Minister Anil Joshi.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
On the way from airport to Golden Temple, where the BJP leader was to pay obeisance, Jaitley was accorded warm welcome, as the party activists showered rose petals on his long cavalcade which was moving under the tight security. There was heavy rush of SAD and BJP workers and other supporters on the roads right from the Airport to Golden Temple.
The VVIP cavalcade included buses, cars, jeeps and numerous security vehicles of police.