Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley was on Tuesday accorded a warm welcome upon reaching Amritsar, the constituency from where he will contest his first-ever parliamentary elections. The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal leadership and the local BJP leaders were present when Jaitley arrived here this afternoon.
However, three-time sitting MP from here, Navjot Singh Sidhu, gave it a miss. On Saturday, when BJP had announced Jaitley’s candidature from Amritsar, Sidhu had said that Jaitley was his “guru”. Sidhu has been vocal against the Akali leadership in the past and had even accused them of scuttling his pet projects in the constituency.
He had said on Saturday that he would accept whatever the party decided, though he had made it clear that he would not contest the election from anywhere else. Jailtey was received at Amritsar Rajasansi Airport by Punjab Cabinet Minister Bikram Majithia along with his party workers, MLAs and BJP local leadership including Punjab cabinet Minister Anil Joshi.
On the way from airport to Golden Temple, where the BJP leader was to pay obeisance, Jaitley was accorded warm welcome, as the party activists showered rose petals on his long cavalcade which was moving under the tight security. There was heavy rush of SAD and BJP workers and other supporters on the roads right from the Airport to Golden Temple.
The VVIP cavalcade included buses, cars, jeeps and numerous security vehicles of police.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More