Andhra Pradesh Congress President Botsa Satyanarayana today suggested that a delegation comprising Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and key Opposition functionaries should meet top leaders in Delhi to make a final attempt to keep the state united.
Besides Kiran Reddy, the team should consist of TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu, YSR Congress leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and CPI(M) State Secretary B V Raghavulu, he said.
The proposal was made earlier and it can be implemented now if the leaders of different parties agree, the PCC President told reporters here. YSRCP and CPI(M) are opposed to division of AP.
He was speaking after a meeting of several Andhra Pradesh ministers from Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions, who favour united AP.
Satyanarayana, who is also Transport Minister and hails from Coastal Andhra, said his Cabinet colleagues from Seemandhra would go to Delhi tomorrow and express moral support to MPs who are fighting hard against bifurcation.
The ministers, who attended the meeting, are perceived to be not on the same page with the CM over the bifurcation issue.
Replying to a query about speculation that the Chief Minister might quit in protest against division, Satyanarayana said resignation may not be very useful now.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said the Seemandhra Ministers had earlier proposed resignations of all of them to the CM, which did not evoke much response.
To another query, Satyanarayana said he wanted all Congressmen, right from an activist to the Chief Minister, to remain in the party.
The PCC President asserted that political matters and speculation relating to resignations and new party of the Chief Minister were not as important as keeping the state united at this juncture.