In a not-so-veiled remarks targeted at Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, senior leader A R Antulay has squarely blamed the Congress high command for the situation the party finds itself at present.
“We have been forced to see this day because of the high command,” the 85-year-old leader said when asked who is responsible for the Congress tally nosediving in the Lok Sabha polls from 206 to just 44, its lowest ever.
The former Maharashtra CM in whose 2, Janpath residence the Congress-I was formed by Indira Gandhi, lamented that the party has come to such a pass that it cannot secure the Leader of the Opposition post on its own in the Lok Sabha.
A close associate of Indira, Antulay initially was reluctant to talk on the issue of the electoral debacle of the party at the national level and in his native Maharashtra and how to turn around the party at this critical juncture.
“What one can say when the high command itself is not appearing to be concerned,” the former Union Minister said, when asked about the way ahead for the party.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Replying to a query, Antulay said he was sad that no one at the helm had contacted him so far to ask how the party could be revived.
He said after formation of the Congress-I in 1978, Indira had energised the party so much that everyone moved heaven and earth to see that it was in power in less than two years.