In a not-so-veiled remarks targeted at Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, senior leader A R Antulay has squarely blamed the Congress high command for the situation the party finds itself at present.
“We have been forced to see this day because of the high command,” the 85-year-old leader said when asked who is responsible for the Congress tally nosediving in the Lok Sabha polls from 206 to just 44, its lowest ever.
The former Maharashtra CM in whose 2, Janpath residence the Congress-I was formed by Indira Gandhi, lamented that the party has come to such a pass that it cannot secure the Leader of the Opposition post on its own in the Lok Sabha.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
A close associate of Indira, Antulay initially was reluctant to talk on the issue of the electoral debacle of the party at the national level and in his native Maharashtra and how to turn around the party at this critical juncture.
“What one can say when the high command itself is not appearing to be concerned,” the former Union Minister said, when asked about the way ahead for the party.
Replying to a query, Antulay said he was sad that no one at the helm had contacted him so far to ask how the party could be revived.
He said after formation of the Congress-I in 1978, Indira had energised the party so much that everyone moved heaven and earth to see that it was in power in less than two years.